March 28, 2013

The New Norm

Things have finally started to settle down since my husband left on his business trip. In our house we don't say the D word, we call it a business trip. I don't like the D word. You know the word or you can guess it.
My hubby has left on a business trip many many times before. Each time is the same yet different. There has never been two business trips alike. The only thing that is the same is my husband is gone. Everything in life is oddly different. It takes time to get use to my husband not being around. I never totally get use to it.

Things that ease the business trip blues
Photo Album- when MJ was small he had a little dollar store photo album filled with pictures of  Daddy. I use to call it the Daddy Flip Book. MJ loved it and use to giggle and wiggle looking at his daddy. Now MJ is older, he has an up to date one and loves to add the pictures himself. It is a handy tool to talk about Daddy and MJ's feelings while Daddy is gone.

Routine- I have found that family routine is very important while my Husband is gone. It seems to be a comfortable and predictable normal for MJ. I have not changed the Family Routine my husband and I set up the months prior to him leaving.

Videos- MJ loves to make little videos for his Daddy.

If you have anything to add to this list please leave it in the comments. I would love to learn what eases your business trip blues!


 
 
 
 
Always remember:
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure how little your guy is but reading the same book and or looking at the same shows are fun. Pre planning those R&R visits with a countdown calendar are nice also. Having something to look forward to is paramount and keeping everyone engaged is key.. they or you can answer questions about the story your reading or show and keep the dialogue active. Also, playing checkers or another game for just the two of them by mail or "email is fun. Every family is different, but I have found that the more things we keep in common the better. I have written a few post over on my blog about some of my routines under "ask household 6". This is year 17 for us and roughly 100 or more "business trips", both long and short.

    The best~

    www.theaccidentalmilitarywife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete